Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Thick, coarse, grey hair...suggested relaxing?

I am officially 40. My hair, is cut with a nice style, colored professionally, and with the help of a flat iron and some oil looks pretty good. I asked my stylest about relaxing my hair. She advised that I wait two weeks after my recent color, and to go for it. She'll charge about 65$. She really seemed to think it was a good idea. What kind of thoughts do you have on it.



Thick, coarse, grey hair...suggested relaxing?

Perms can be damaging to the hair. I would suggest good old-fashion blow drying and get a round brush. There are healthy products you can put in your hair that will harm it.



Thick, coarse, grey hair...suggested relaxing?

Coming from someone that has CURLEY hair and has gotten it relaxed before, don't do it!



It's bad for your hair and the chemicals can cause it to fall out.



If it is becoming too much of a hassle, try straightening shampoos or go the other way and try to scrunch it into a pretty wave.



I'm telling you, I have thick hair and a lot of it fell out when I got it relaxed, it was the worst time of my life!



Hope I helped



-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment