Wednesday, July 29, 2009

HELP PRO STYLISTS!- I was a bleach blonde (not brassy) & went 2 salon 4 lowlights and now my hai

I am naturally light brown/dirty blonde but have been bleaching my own hair w/ pro dye for ten years. It was a gorgeous platinum/light gold but not brassy, blonde and i went to this posh salon for dimension. (multi-dimensional "streaks" of 25% a really dark brown to match my eye brows/roots, 25% the platinum color it was, and 50% some warm but not orange color inbetween there to help them blend). She started foiling at 3:45 didn't get done until 9:30. When hair dryed, OMG!, it was GREYish-Greenish/ horrifying. (I paid extra to have this stylist do it because supposedly she was a "tier II"). She addmitted it was "ashy" and said shed try to fix it this morning. I went and she did a soap bath then a gloss with a bit of golden hue to warm it up. Nothing. did it again. Nothing. It isn't as bad but it is still definitley GREY/Green/ it looks like I stuck my head in a bucket of toxic waste. People are staring at me %26amp; my life is on hold till I get it fixed. What can i do? Please help, thx



HELP PRO STYLISTS!- I was a bleach blonde (not brassy) %26amp; went 2 salon 4 lowlights and now my hair GREY!!?

Let me tell you, this women was a freaking idiot and she is suppose to be a PRO! Even when you are doing low lights over hair that has been bleached you need to put back the red tones in the hair before you put brown over it. Just like you would do if you were doing a full color over the hair. Your hair turned green because she put the brown dye with a green base right over your hair that was bleached,she needed to use a red filler with the brown hair dye. She put a golden hue to try to fix it! NO! Get your money back and do not let this women touch your hair again. You need to have hair color correction done by a real pro.. I know what you mean about putting your life on hold.I've been there,still trying to grow the mess out that a so called pro did to me. If you just want the color out try using Prell shampoo or Dawn dish detergent, it will fade the color out allot, make sure to use a good conditioner too. Good luck



HELP PRO STYLISTS!- I was a bleach blonde (not brassy) %26amp; went 2 salon 4 lowlights and now my hair GREY!!?

SUE HER!!!!



HELP PRO STYLISTS!- I was a bleach blonde (not brassy) %26amp; went 2 salon 4 lowlights and now my hair GREY!!?

i'm not commpletly sure, but maybe if you re-bleach ur hair it would help?



HELP PRO STYLISTS!- I was a bleach blonde (not brassy) %26amp; went 2 salon 4 lowlights and now my hair GREY!!?

Oh my god! NEVER GO BACK TO THAT LADY! It sounds like she had a problem mixing the color, and/or the color reacting to the way you bleach your hair. DO NOT go walking around with that hair anymore, run straight to the nicest salon in your area (it's worth it!) and book an appointment (request a coloring pro) and explain your story to them. Have them re-dye it for you and you should be good to go. If for some reason you are too low on $$ or some other reason, buy a specialty repairing shampoo and conditioner and wash with that and re bleach your hair. GOOD LUCK! I hope this helps....%26lt;3



email me if you need it..surfcomtesse@yahoo.com



HELP PRO STYLISTS!- I was a bleach blonde (not brassy) %26amp; went 2 salon 4 lowlights and now my hair GREY!!?

Insist on getting your money back, then go to a beauty supply store, ask for advice from the people working there and get a friend to help you fix it at home. My friend had a similar experience and that's what she did. Or go to another stylist and let them clean it up but definitely Get Your Money Back.



HELP PRO STYLISTS!- I was a bleach blonde (not brassy) %26amp; went 2 salon 4 lowlights and now my hair GREY!!?

WOW u should go to a different salon e-mail me and tell me ur area where u live.



HELP PRO STYLISTS!- I was a bleach blonde (not brassy) %26amp; went 2 salon 4 lowlights and now my hair GREY!!?

Okay, you have to take corrective action.



First, put on a hat or headscarf. Run to your nearest H%26amp;M, American Apparrel, or even Target to pick up a headscarf or hat if you need a fashionable one to wear while you get this straightened out.



Second, go to the Salon and make a FUSS. Demand your money back. Wear your headscarf to the salon, and defiantly take it off while you're at the salon to show them how much your stylist messed up. She is supposed to know better about mixing dyes and coloring properly.



Once they give you a refund (they must, or you can report them to the Better Business Bureau for ruining your hair) put your hat back on and research for the best corrective colorist in your area. If I knew where you lived I could help. If you live somewhere major such as NYC, LA, or Chicago it will be relatively easy to find a well-known and respected Corrective Colorist.



If you do not, you need to do your research. Google for corrective colorists in your area and then research their name and salon to make sure the same thing did not happen to someone who went to them.



Next, make an emergency appointment at the salon by calling them and telling them about the problem you're experiencing. Let them know you need to get in as soon as possible. Be prepared to pay a lot of money and perhaps go in for several sessions of correcting. The stylist will probably have to strip your hair of the color that has recently been placed on it and will have to do some corrective work to get it to a reasonable color.



In the meantime take a bath, relax, read, and avoid all mirrors. Everything will work out in just a few days' time!



Also, check out this site: http://www.yelp.com start an account there and review the salon you went to so that other users and people out there can avoid going to the salon and having the same problem!



Even though you've been dying your hair at home for years, please do not try to correct your color yourself or with friends, unless they're a professional. Good stylists have gone through years of chemistry at college to teach them how dyes react with one another and what limitations they face when they're coloring and correcting.



Good luck!



HELP PRO STYLISTS!- I was a bleach blonde (not brassy) %26amp; went 2 salon 4 lowlights and now my hair GREY!!?

Lucy A is right.



I emailed you pretty much the same thing...



You can get toner, which in nonperoxide, at a beauty supply store.



It may help if you run some thru your hair at home, even once a week for like 5 minutes,



I know this is not what you want to hear... but you really might consider cutting it in layers.



I am so sorry for your troubles.



You SHOULD also demand your money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment