Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Should I dye my hair grey for the play?

Here's the deal.



I'm in a one-act drama competition and I'm playing an old lady. Our director wants me to dye my hair grey, and I'm actually OK w/that.



My mom isn't too fond of the idea, however. She's worried that it'll change the texture or whatever.



So my questions are...



--How long does it take for dyed hair to grow back?



--Will hair dye change the texture of my hair?



--Are there any other options besides real hair dye (preferably not a wig)?



My hair is curly and thick, if that helps you w/your answer.



Thanks mucho!



Should I dye my hair grey for the play?

Ehhh...where are you going to find gray haircolor? It's not like you are doing many performances, like on Broadway, so coloring your hair gray is pretty drastic. The gray sprays you can get for your hair around Halloween look realistic and you don't have to change the color of your hair. You can use black and white spray to create a gray color. Check out the links I included =)



P.S. I was in a play where we had to make an 8th grade girl look like a 65 year old woman



Should I dye my hair grey for the play?

You'll have to bleach your hair first to dye it grey. Yes, it will change the texture of your hair if you bleach it. It'll be damaged and course to get it light enough to be grey.



I think that's a drastic option personally. You should spend the money on a realistic looking wig. It will look a lot better and you won't have to deal with grey, orange, or blonde hair for the next 8 months of your life.



Should I dye my hair grey for the play?

They make hair dye, where you wear it for so long and after a couple washes it comes right out. Local Wal-Marts usually carries it.



Should I dye my hair grey for the play?

I say that instead of dying it go buy those hair sprays that change the color of your hair (ussually people use them on halloween). they look real and it washes out in the shower. you can buy them at party city.



Should I dye my hair grey for the play?

1.As long as it takes to grow the dyed hair COMPLETLY off and cut every bit of it off. in other words just becsuse you color it back to your original calor doesnt mean it gone.



2.It sure could chamge the texture.



3.Color hair spray



Should I dye my hair grey for the play?

No, No, No, NO! Do not dye your hair like that! a) eww, you'd seriously live with the color grey? b) if it's permanent "real" hair dye, it will only grow out, it will hardly fade a bit c) Yes, it will change your texture. You need to take extra caution with curly hair and hair dye, since it is much more sensitive. Store bought hair dye kits will seriously screw up your curls! d) I'd suggest you use some of that one night colored hair spray in white or silver if this is the look your going for, it will be easy, painless, and since your hair is black, will come out actually looking grey!



Should I dye my hair grey for the play?

There are those sprays with color. Idk if they come in gray but you can buy them at walgreens.



Should I dye my hair grey for the play?

Believe me, go with the wig. A lot less trouble and damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment