Thursday, July 23, 2009

Anyone heard of this... I'm 27 years old with a patch of grey hair.?

I have a patch of grey hair on one side of my head. I don't know what caused it, or if it is common in a woman my age.



It happened about 5 months ago, right after a traumatizing event in my life. I'm not sure if stress is related to that. Does anyone know?



Thank You.



Anyone heard of this... I'm 27 years old with a patch of grey hair.?

Jay Leno Has it... Lots of time its genetic



Hair color comes from cells in the hair follicle called melanocytes, which make pigment. Melanocytes don't live forever, and how well they give color to hair decreases over time. We see gray hair when the amount of pigment becomes less and white hair when all pigment has "run out" and is no longer made by the melanocytes. This usually happens later in life, with the average age between 35 and 50 years.



Poliosis is the name given when someone has a small patch of white hair. While this patch occurs most often along the forehead (so-called white forelock), it can involve hair anywhere on the body and can happen anytime in life. When healthy people have it, this simply means there is no pigment in the hair and skin of that involved area. Poliosis can also occur with medical conditions such as piebaldism, a genetic disease with single or multiple white patches of hair. In this case there usually are other family members with similar white patches of hair. Marfan's syndrome and Waardenburg's syndrome are other genetic disorders where this condition is noticed.



Anyone heard of this... I'm 27 years old with a patch of grey hair.?

I have heard that stress can cause something like that,



but it might also be possible that your just getting grey hair.



Anyone heard of this... I'm 27 years old with a patch of grey hair.?

stress could definatley be factor.....other than that it would be something genetic that you inherited from your parents. Sounds like with you its the stress though.



Anyone heard of this... I'm 27 years old with a patch of grey hair.?

Usually not related to stress, but genetics- anyone in your family have prematurely gray? Play it up- gray can be very sexy!!!



Anyone heard of this... I'm 27 years old with a patch of grey hair.?

OMG, I'm 13 and I get white hair occasionally.



Assuming that you are Caucasian, (your avatar) I would usually say that whites tend to age faster than other races, but since you mentioned the traumatic experience, I would go to a hair doctor. Maybe even a counseling center so you can get over that terrible event in life.



so sorry,



Spontania



Anyone heard of this... I'm 27 years old with a patch of grey hair.?

dye it back to your hair color ...like they say this is wisdom baby



Anyone heard of this... I'm 27 years old with a patch of grey hair.?

I have an aunt that lost all pigment in her hair before the age of thirty during an abusive marriage. She had an aunt that also lost pigment after a traumatizing event. Everyone procsesses stress differently, and I would imagine that is what happened. I went through a traumatic event at age thirty and have more gray than normal. I also have a bald....never mind, I shave. lol I hope this helps.



Anyone heard of this... I'm 27 years old with a patch of grey hair.?

It may be that you are big actor and have something to make you important. I got that on the front of my front hairline. People liked it, made me important and was a exotic and some women, I was looking more erotic. I was 26 and now I am 61 with my silver and brown hair they love my hair.

2 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this ti'll now. I am 13 years old and have a patch of shiny grey hair on the left side of my brown haired head. :( I am a little embarrassed because of me being so young with grey hair, and the fact that when I was looking up my problem, every story was about a womens point of view. Oh yes, I am a boy. :) Well, I'm sorry about are hair. Bye.

    ReplyDelete