Sunday, July 26, 2009

I have this ONE persisitent grey hair that keeps poppin up in my left eyebrow. I'm almost 17. W

The first time I noticed was wen checkin out ma reflection wen I spotted this long grey thing on the top part of my left eyebrow. Me thinking it to be a long string off a shirt something tried to take it off. Only to find it was a 2cm long eyebrow hair (shock!!) almost all of it grey except for a small part of it at the root being the usual black.



Since then I've kept an eye out for it and it's returned twice. Just the one hair.



Apparently my mum told me she used to have one hair that grew under her arm that was grey and would grow extremely long. My aunt also told me of a similar solitary grey hair that would grow out of place.



I'm figuring its something hereditary bt I'm jst curious to know what else could be behind it and what causes grey hairs and in particular ones that grow on their own whilst all others remain the same.



Thanks



I have this ONE persisitent grey hair that keeps poppin up in my left eyebrow. I'm almost 17. Why?

that particular follicle has simply decided to stop producing melanin in the hair. its normal. if its just that 1 hair, dont be overly concerned about it, just pluck it whenever it decides to pop back out. as people age, the follicles die and new ones form *usually, only some people start balding* this new follicle is a white one. follicles usually have a life of 6-10 years. i used to have red hair as a kid, now its nearly black naturally, with a few lingering red hairs *colored frequently, i hate them* Especially in my face, you know how awkward it is having black and red stubble with black or purple or blue or pink or white hair? *im a stylist, it changes all the time* i dye my eye brows because there is a few in there too. that may be a precursor to you starting to turn grey young, but that really depends on genetics. look at your mother, you get your hair genes from her side of the family. any disorders or patterns will most likely be passed down to you.



I have this ONE persisitent grey hair that keeps poppin up in my left eyebrow. I'm almost 17. Why?

Lack of pigment in the follicle...So now after talking to your family you know you are not adopted! I have one long BLACK one in my eyebrow that sticks out like a sore thumb. I also know I am my mothers child as she also had one! I pluck mine too...

No comments:

Post a Comment